Friday, January 9, 2009

*Cosplay and us

Sophie:
I think our topic is very interesting so I really enjoy the progress of finding information on the Internet. Also, I love comics and animation so I am familiar with Cosplay. I even went to some activities of Cosplay to see their performance. For me, it really need a great courage to dress myself up to imatate my favorite characters. I am afraid that I will mess up. As a result, I admire these cosers. By imtating their favorite characters, they show others their love to the character. However, it is more suitable that by reading and buying comic books or seeing animations at home, I show my love of the character.

Susan:
Before having done all the researches during the repreration of this topic, what I know about Cosplay is not so much. Exactly, I had no interest in them before, for I thought the cosplayers only focus on the beauty or slender shape. But when I read the news about the fact that many cosplayers suffered the harrasemet from some filthy photographers but did not give up cosplaying, I felt they are brave to become a cosplayer. In order to be a perfect cosplayer, what they sacrifice, like to bearing other's vision toward them, or what they must learn, like make-up skills or ways to produce clothing. They are active and brave to makes known their love to their characters.

Gina:
I was excited to do this, because I had little idea about cosplay. Through this project, I
know more about cosplay. Susan and Sophie are interested in Japanese culture, so we choosed ''cosplay'' as our topic. I wrote the part of the origin and definition of cosplay. I hope people can know more about cospaly and don't ''misunderstand'' cosplay. Cosplayer are not freak or eccentric. They adore the charactors of ACG so that they want to cosplay their favorite charactors. They have such passion to imitate ther favorites.
Although it's imitation, I think cosplay is a kind of art performance. Except for imitating the same appearance, they have to know well about their favorite charactors, so they can also imitate personalities of them. For example, their gestures, and how they smile...etc. Hence,
I thimk the best cosplayer can ''cosplay'' the soul of charactors.

0 comments: